8.18.2011

"Pre" Teenager Bedroom

 Image via Apartment Therapy
My stepson just promoted from 6th grade and is going into Middle School. I can't believe it! Since he is going into middle school (I so don't envy him. Would you like to go to middle school again? Ugh!) I would like to give his room a little make-over (on a very small budget).
Right now his room is very basic. ( I will add some photos before I make any changes.)
I would like to create some design inspiration boards so he can visualize what it could look like. I am having a hard time finding ideas. When I search I find really generic looking "themed" rooms, which I HATE! Like a "surfer" room or a "rock n roll" room. I was able to find one piece of inspiration from my idol, Nicole Balch, from Making It Lovely. She shared this idea for a teenage boy's room. Love it! The coolest thing about it is that she follows the "teenage boy" into adulthood and shows how he would be able to re-purpose a lot of the furniture. Genius!

Please let me know if you have any ideas about where to find some inspiration for this project!

2 comments:

  1. Are you on Pinterest? I'm sure you could find tons of cool inspiration for his room there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I'm going to check it out right now! Thanks Grace. I was very sad to hear about your change, I hope you are going to be able to use your great eye and talents somewhere else very soon!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest